Virtual and Recorded
It’s been said that stories are built on the building blocks of Goal, Motivation and Conflict. Your characters must be motivated to reach for their goals- especially with the challenges you’re going to put in their way during the course of your manuscript. This masterclass will explore:
– The importance of motivation
– Different types of motivation
– The impact of a character’s backstory on motivation
– How motivation may change over the course of the story
– Managing conflicting motivation
Come and learn what drives your character and how a compelling motivation can further deepen a reader’s interest- and keep them turning pages. Bring your laptop or notebook as there will be prompts to apply these concepts to your manuscript.